5-speed gearbox conversion kit
£4,560.00incl. Tax, excl. Shipping
MG: MGB Roadster from October 1964 to October 1967. Feature: 5-main bearing engine (18GB engine code), 3-synchro gearbox and banjo type rear axle
complete kit with a brand new Mazda 5-speed gearbox
The gearbox comes fully assembled including the clutch slave cylinder assembly so the fitting is only as complicated as replacing an original gearbox. We even include a Mazda clutch alignment tool to assist with assembly. We use all OE Mazda components where possible, ensuring parts quality and also serviceability. All brackets are electrocoated ensuring maximum resistance to corrosion.
Ratio: 1st speed: 3.136:1, 2nd speed: 1.888:1, 3rd speed: 1.330:1, 4th speed: 1.000:1, 5th speed: 0.814:1.
Weights: The all alloy case means significant weight savings can be achieved with this kit - up to 23kg compared to the R380 Rover box.
Our kit includes the following:
• New Mazda five speed transmission
• New bellhousing
• Machined billet front plate
• Modified rear case with Mazda mechanical speedo drive assembly
• Bespoke clutch plate
• OE clutch cover
• Bellhousing dirt shield
• Gear lever and gear knob kept in original position
• Concentric slave cylinder assembly
• Braided clutch pipe and remote bleed pipe for easy bleeding
• Spigot bush with Mazda OE needle roller bearing assembly
• Speedo cable
• Gearbox rear mount bracket assembly and isolator
• Complete Geomet coated UNF fixings kit
• Clutch alignment tool.